KyBele Virgin Hair Tips To Stop Hair Loss!!!
HAIR LOSS 101
We at KyBele Hair care about your hair. Which is why we will be talking about a very important issue for women (and men too!) today: Hair loss.
Hair loss is a distressing medical condition as well as an alarming threat to your physical appearance. By better understanding hair basics and the reason for your hair loss, you will be able to take protective measures that will help prevent your hair from falling out.
Hair is made up of a protein called keratin. Each hair strand has a base below the skin (which contains the hair’s color pigment or melanin) known as the follicle, the root that grows from the follicle beneath the skin, and the hair shaft itself (which is the visible part of your hair).
It is quite normal for most people to lose 50 to 100 hairs every day. New hair grows out from the same follicle and this replacement makes up for any normal hair loss. However, if you think you are losing more hair than the normal range, you might have a problem. If you are losing enough hair for there to be visible thin patches or bald spots, you could be suffering from the medical condition alopecia. It is, therefore, important to see a doctor and identify the underlying cause of your hair loss.
COMMON CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS
Hair loss can be caused by a variety of reasons such as:
- Illnesses or medical conditions (diabetes, thyroid disease, lupus etc)
- Certain medication (drugs taken for acne, bipolar disorder and dieting can cause hair loss. Chemotherapy drugs taken for cancer have a well known hair loss effect)
- Alopecia (an autoimmune disease that affects more than 5 million people in the US alone)
- Trichotillomania (a psychological disorder)
- Hair damage from chemical treatments (straightening, heating etc.)
- Scalp tension from hair styles that pull on the hair
- Poor nutrition
- Stress and Trauma
DEALING WITH HAIR LOSS
If you think you are losing a lot of your hair, you should see a doctor right away. While a lot of hair loss conditions are temporary and the hair grows out again, sometimes the loss is inevitable or permanent (as with cancer patients going through chemotherapy). As long as you get an early diagnosis and start taking care of yourself, there is no reason for your hair loss to become a long-term problem. And if you are worried about the stressful physical aspects of hair loss, they can easily be countered with a selection of KyBele’s beautiful and natural-looking extensions.
DO IT YOURSELF WAYS TO DECREASE HAIR LOSS
- Try not to keep sew ins longer than 6-8 weeks
- Ask you stylist not to braid too tight (if it hurts its too tight)
- Wait at least 2 weeks after relaxer before getting a sew in
- Drink lots of water
- Take vitamins
- Leave out edges, when applying sew ins (your edges are the weakest part of your hair)
- Stay away from too much heat